FORBUSH BIRD CLUB Worcester, Massachusetts
Our club has meetings and field trips. See the Coming Events page for this year's schedule.
- We have evening meetings during October, November, February, and March at Mass Audubon’s Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center in Worcester, with a social period and presentations on topics of interest to birders and naturalists.
- We have an Annual Business Meeting / Banquet with a special program in April.
- We have a wide variety of field trips throughout the year to the top birding locations in Worcester County and beyond. Many trip leaders have decades of birding experience. Birders of all levels are welcome!
- We publish The Chickadee reporting on our activities and bird sightings. (Look under "Reports & Sightings | The Chickadee" for more information.)
OUR EVENING MEETINGS
Meetings are held in October, November, February, and March, on the third Thursday of the month.
Socialize with friends and enjoy light refreshments at 6:30 p.m. before the meetings, which begin at 7:00 p.m.
All Evening Meetings are held at Mass Audubon Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center, 414 Massasoit Road, Worcester, MA.
Below is the list of our annual trip destinations. In each year there may be additions or omissions. See the Coming Events calendar for this year's trip details and leaders’ contact information.
- New Year's Day trip in Worcester and vicinity
- Cape Ann - Gloucester and Rockport (winter)
- Coastal Rhode Island (late winter)
- Three trips to Bolton Flats/Pine Hill Wildlife Management Area (early spring, late spring, early fall)
- Two Trips to Lake Quaboag and the Brookfields (early spring and fall)
- Lake Chauncy and Westborough Wildlife Management Area (spring and fall)
- Earth Day at Shrewsbury Parks (spring)
- Muir Meadow in Paxton (spring)
- High Ridge Wildlife Management Area in Westminster (spring)
- Greenbrier Conservation Area, Oxford/Dudley (spring)
- Automobile trip to Quabbin Reservoir (spring)
- Three trips to Worcester's historic parks and cemeteries (spring, late summer)
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery (spring)
- Mt. Wachusett in Princeton and vicinity (spring)
- Kristoff Farm in Sterling (spring)
- Upton State Forest (spring)
- Barre Falls Dam and Rutland State Park (spring)
- Wachusett Reservoir and vicinity (summer and fall)
- Birds & Butterflies with the Mass Butterfly Club (summer)
- Pelagic Birds and Whale-Watching (summer)
- Nighthawk Watch at Worcester Airport (late summer)
- Mass Audubon Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary (late summer)
- Winimusset Wildlife Management Area in New Braintree (fall)
- Connecticut River Valley (fall)
- Northborough and vicinity (fall)
- Salisbury State Park and Parker River National Wildlife Refuge (mid-fall)